The older you get, the tougher it becomes to make new friends. It’s not like elementary school when you could just say “Hey! Wanna be friends?” and blam-o, you had a new BFF. Maybe that’s why we sometimes settle for a faux friendship if it means not sitting alone at lunch. Just make sure you know how to spot the difference.
1. They never really ask how you’re doing
2. They aren’t there for you in social situations
3. They tend be jealous of or threatened by your successes
4. They create unnecessary drama
5. Your parents don’t like them
Your parents know more than you realize, and they’ve had a lot more practice at spotting fakers. Even if they’ve never said anything, chances are they were picking up on the fakery way before you.