1. Don’t be afraid to stray from the herd. It’s cool to be different.
2. Although you may think everyone is judging you, you are your harshest critic. You are awesome and everyone knows it!
3. Pop culture and the media have warped our perspective of what it’s like to be a teen. Let’s be honest, most days look a little like this:
4. Confidence comes from within. You will drive yourself crazy constantly seeking validation from others.
5. Don’t limit yourself to one crew. Being part of a clique can prevent you from meeting some pretty awesome people. Step outside of your comfort zone and get to know someone you don’t usually hang with. Everyone has a story.
6. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you and make you feel good about yourself. Life’s too short – don’t waste it trying to impress everyone around you. True friends will love you for who you are.
7. Don’t compare yourself to others. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. Hannah Montana Miley has a point…
8. Everyone goes through hard times. Good friends will confront and challenge you to be your best self. Although your instinct may be to isolate yourself, try not to push away your loved ones in times of need.
9. Feeling down? Exercise is the best medicine. Exercise reduces stress and improves self-esteem. You don’t have to run marathons to lead an active, healthy lifestyle.
10. SLEEP! A lack of sleep will negatively affect your memory, mood, and overall ability to function. Don’t underestimate the importance of sleep on your wellbeing. Sleep makes you feel good and look good too!