THIS PROMOTION HAS ENDED. STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE OPPORTUNITIES TO RECEIVE MERCHANDISE FROM ABOVE THE INFLUENCE.
HOW TO ENTER
Post something on Twitter or Instagram about your choice to be above the influence.
Include the hashtags #abovetheinfluence and #swagaway.
Posts must refrain from any copyright infringement, and may not endorse or promote alcohol or drug use. See additional Content Restrictions below.
5 random winners will be selected each week of the promotion, and notified via the platform on which posts appear (Twitter or Instagram). All winners will be contacted no later than July 31, 2014.
COMPLETE OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. These Official Rules (the “Rules”) apply to the Above the Influence Limited Edition T-Shirt Promotion (the “Promotion”), sponsored by Partnership for Drug-Free Kids, 352 Park Ave., 9th FL, New York, NY 10010 (“Sponsor”); and conducted via the social networking sites Instagram and Twitter. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by the Rules and you certify that you are an Eligible Participant, as defined below.
1. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS. Legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are between 13 and 18 years of age at the time of entry and have a valid Instagram or Twitter account, which can be obtained through Instagram.com or Twitter.com (additional terms and conditions apply). The Promotion is not open to the employees or contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, board members, or agents of Sponsor.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Promotion begins on June 2, 2014 at 12:00am Eastern Time and ends at 11:59pm Eastern Time on July 27th, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official clock of the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Eligible Participants may enter by publicly posting on Instagram or Twitter about their choice to be above the influence. Posts must include the hashtag #abovetheinfluence. LIMIT: One entry per person per week. Each entrant may use only one account (either Instagram or Twitter) to enter.
4. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS. Entries may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to another’s copyright; may not endorse or promote activity that is in violation of or contrary to the laws of the United States; and may not endorse or promote alcohol or drug use, violence, nudity, or material that could be construed as offensive or derogatory to any person or class of persons or inappropriate.
5. PRIZES. Sponsor will award thirty (40) prizes in total (“Prizes”), each consisting of an official Above the Influence t-shirt. Total ARV of all prizes: 400 US dollars ($400). Winners will be selected at random from eligible entries. All decisions of Sponsor regarding winner selection and awarding of Prizes are final. Prizes are not transferable or refundable, must be accepted as awarded, and cannot be resold for profit. No cash equivalents or alternatives will be made available. Sponsor may at any time and without notice replace any of the Prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. Any federal, state and local taxes or other fees associated with winning the Prizes are solely the responsibility of the winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with a prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion and without prior notice. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNERS. Each Monday, beginning June 9th and ending July 28th (for a total of eight consecutive Mondays), the Eligible Participants whose entries are randomly drawn (“Potential Winners”) will be notified via Instagram or Twitter. Potential Winners must respond within 48 hours to claim their Prizes. Only Potential Winners will be contacted. Any Potential Winner who does not claim their Prize within 48 hours will become ineligible to win and Sponsor may select an alternative who will also have 48 hours to claim their prize.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, delayed or garbled registrations or entries or incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telecommunications device(s) or system(s) of any kind. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify the Sweepstakes in any way, for any reason, and without prior notice. Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Promotion participant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, to be acting in violation of these Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any of the Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such Rule or any of the other Rules. Entry into this Promotion shall constitute entrants’ agreement to defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor Parties from any and all liability arising from or associated with participation in the Promotion, including but not limited to any harm, damages, costs or expenses associated in any way with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any of the Prizes, or occurring while preparing for, participating in and/or traveling to or from any Promotion-related activity.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
9. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of a Prize shall constitute the winner’s agreement that the Sponsor Parties may use their name, Instagram handle, and Prize information for promotional purposes without further notification or compensation.
10. DISPUTES. Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court having competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York, U.S.A.; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual damages; and (c) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrants hereby waive any rights to, any type of special damages, including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or Sponsor’s and participants’ rights and obligations thereunder, as well as any disputes or claims arising from or associated with the Promotion, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York but without regard to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
11. WINNERS LIST. To obtain a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Above the Influence “Summer Swag-a-Way” Promotion Winners List, c/o Partnership at Drug-Free Kids, 352 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10010. All requests for winners list must be received by August 4, 2014.